Hello reader! Welcome to my first blog of Release 0.3 for Open Source.
I worked on a lot of small things this week. For the first couple of days, I was writing my wrap up blog for Hacktoberfest.
After that I decided to read through the DPS Fall 2018 Open Source Project Ideas to see what projects I can possibly contribute to. I was already interested in the Seneca Student Personal GitHub Dashboard and I met another girl from my class who was interested in the same project. After our discussion, she volunteered to make the community chat group and I created the GitHub Dashboard repository. I also created three issues to initiate activity on the repo and shared it on the Slack group chat.
The second project I really liked was the Speech-To-Text for HTML Coding in VSCode. I wanted to contribute to it right away so I took an issue for which I created the Slack group chat for the repository. But I added a space between the url and text name and it looked like this:
This was a typing error which bothered my mind and I decided to re-commit with the change. But by the time I did it, my pull request was already merged and I was unable to see my new commit on GitHub. I created a new issue following with a new pull request to fix this issue.
I also created a new issue for the Seneca Blackboard Extension project. I will work on this issue that is updating the README file for the repo in the coming few days. That was the story about the internal repositories. Now let’s talk about an external repository.
During Release 0.1, I worked on filer and added tests to fs Promises API. For this release, I will be working on Implementing fs.access() method. For the next 3 weeks, I will be fixing the above mentioned issues and will hunt more in the internal repos.
Stay tuned until next Monday!